Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday, and that you are ready to get started with the New Year! This week I will be doing the New Year’s Chant song and review in all my classes. Check it out here:
You can download the chant to use the song in your classes. Click here to get a free download MP3 of the Happy New Year Chant!
Sample Lesson Plan for the New Year’s Class
- Happy New Year Chant (See Above)
- Practice Counting Numbers 1-20
- Let’s Count 1 to 10 Song – One of my most popular Numbers Songs
- Book Time: Read a picture book to your students. Choose your favorite, I also have some free download picture books here.
- Today’s Topic: Choose a review topic and teach the vocabulary. For example, animals, colors, or transportation.
- Vocabulary review game- Play a simple touch game to get your students active. Place the flashcards on the floor and ask each student to touch one. For example, “Bobby, touch the dog card.”
- ABC Practice Time- Practice the ABCs and sing the ABC Song.
- Goodbye Song- Sing the Goodbye Song.
These are some ideas to get you started with your classes. You can also do crafts, coloring, or use a textbook. The main idea is to give the students a lot of comprehensible input in English.
Let’s make it a great year and be the best teachers we can be!